Boats of Oats!!!
Ok ... so you have to trust me on this one. I'm on an oatmeal kick. I've been eating it most mornings for a while now, simply-made with some dried fruit. But this week I've been craving MORE oatmeal and it has started sneaking its way into my dinners as well. It all started with good clean ingredient-time-use-juggling banter in the "breakfast for dinner" vein (with two nights of SUPER AWESOME double-yolk eggs, a bit of cheddar and smoked salt over the chewy oat), but tonight I took oatmeal onto another plane - giving it a true place on the dinner table.
Picture this ... and picture me and my hand gestures emphasizing just how cool this meal is to me:
Ginger-infused, thick-cut, organic, rolled oats - made so very slightly al dente with minced fresh ginger - created the fragrant, slightly-chewy/slightly-creamy, savory bed for a sauté of red bell pepper, broccoli, onion, carrot and sesame seeds with a dash of chili sauce. (It seems also to have created a bad run-on sentence...) On top: a yummy yolk-poppable egg, a drizzle of soy sauce, sliced water chestnuts and pickled ginger. OMG ... I should go make more RIGHT NOW!
Ok, I'm done :) Thank you for your time!

0 comments:
Post a Comment