Gosh I Hope This Is A Typical Sunday...
I have nothing specific to elaborate on, except for why my kitchen has been pretty busy the past 4 hours. After a really lovely trip to Eastern Market with two friends, I got down to [cooking] business:
- 4lbs of bone-in 1/2 turkey breast were roasted with mesquite seasoning (thank you Tupperware),
- gravy and turkey broth are being made from the remnants,
- 'queso fresco' is draining over the sink for later salads and stirfrys,
- roasted beets and blanched string beans are chilling in the fridge for my dinner salad,
- and I just whisked up a mind-numbingly good yolk-based whole grain mustard vinaigrette.
It's so nice to tire yourself out on a Sunday by cooking good food for the coming week. Helps me sleep better :) Although, I must say ... cooking and sleeping with someone else on a Sunday would help me sleep best. 5 days until my love and some Oregon Pinot Noir.

0 comments:
Post a Comment